Archive of articles > Life in the Championship

Sun 27th Aug - next manager to go, there is a surprise candidate

(1/1)

trophy4toon:
Well the media have now put the blow torch under Roy Keane following Ipswich's worst start for 45 years citing his confrontational management style.

Then you have Paul Sturrock at Plymouth who are expecting a capacity crowd of 20,000 Green Army members for the televised match on Sky today against Nottingham Forest. They have now lost 6 matches in a row and the heat will be on Sturrock if they don't win this one.

However, I have a mate who is a Hull City fan and though Phil Brown there is very good friends with his Chairman and has just had a vote of confidence, word is he has 4 more matches to save his job.

And a leading contender to replace him is Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson. Hull is a big club with great facilities but whether Ferguson would swap his Championship project at Peterborough for a Premier League role at Hull is another matter. No doubt he'll be asking his Dad about that one  8)  8)

You can join our next manager to go competition or change your prediction here:

http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1308.0

Personally I'm changing my prediction from Coleman at Coventry to Paul Sturrock at Plymouth and that could happen this afternoon if they lose to Forest today !!   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version