Author Topic: Portsmouth to sell out of window?  (Read 5310 times)

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
Portsmouth to sell out of window?
« on: February 18, 2010, 02:55:34 pm »
Portsmouth have requested permission to sell players outside of the transfer window to lower their wage whilst also bringing in cash to cover other costs.

Whether or not it goes through is debatable but I'd like to think that we could benefit if the FA rule in favour of them. (I'd say they have to return their loaned players to get them off the wage list first but that's me)

There are a few of players from Pompey that that I think would really benefit us not just in our push for the Championship title but also in the coming years as we try to solidify our position back in the top half of the top flight. So who are they?

Aaron Mokoena - a central defensive midfielder who is mobile and can pass the ball - I think he is better than any of the other options we have at the club - and may just serve as a kick up the backside for some of the under performing centre mid players.

Steve Finnan - an accomplished right back, he could be used not only as back up for Simpson (which we need) but also as a mentor to him. That siad he is available on a free come the summer so we may even be able to get him for as little as 500k!

Nadir Belhadj - can play left back or left mid! the perfect player to come in and push both Enrique and Jonas. He will also offer more than adequate cover for them - and may even prove himself as a first choice player

I don't think any of these guys will be on huge wages, Belhadj probably the most but I don't imagine it being anything over 50k a week, and they may all be willing to take cuts to help Pompey...

Any thought's, would you bring any of them in? Or any others?

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
Re: Portsmouth to sell out of window?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »
Well reports today now say they can sell, but players won't be able to play in the premier league til next season...however we aren't in the premier league so i say we make a cheeky bid for Belhadj before anyone else can get their hands on him!