Archive of articles > Life in the Championship

Sky Sports Predicted Final Championship Table in August

(1/1)

CraigDoyle:
It's time to bring up the past and see how wrong Sky Sports look like being...

Position1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.PredictedReadingWest BromIpswichMiddlesbroughSheffield UnitedQPRCardiffNewcastleNottingham ForestBristol CityLeicesterSheffield WednesdayDerbyCrystal PalacePrestonPeterboroughSwanseaCoventryDoncasterBlackpoolScunthorpeWatfordBarnsleyPlymouthCurrentNewcastleWest BromNottingham ForestLeicesterSwanseaCardiffSheffield UnitedDoncasterBlackpoolCoventryMiddlesbroughBarnsleyPrestonReadingBristol CityQPRIpswichDerbyWatfordSheffield WednesdayCrystal PalaceScunthorpePlymouthPeterboroughDifference+7=+6+7+12+4-2+11+11+8-7+11+2-13-5-10-14-5+3-8-7-1+1-8
And this is what they had to say about our team ahead of the season. Perhaps they were foolishly casting one eye over that heavy loss in a friendly down at Leyton Orient? That defeat with so many key players being involved suggested our side was ready to explode.

--- Quote ---Chances: The Magpies have the fan base and reputation to stroll through this division, but a summer of off-field uncertainty could have a detrimental effect on their season. The expected fire sale took a long time to even start and with still no confirmed manager, they look far from prepared for the challenges ahead.

Prediction: 8th

Sky Bet odds: 6/1
--- End quote ---

trophy4toon:
and if you look at our competition doing the same:

http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1260.0

don't think we did much better.

But congratulations to Mrmalaki for at least having faith in our team and having Newcastle as the league champions.

Of course we still have to win a few games yet though !!!!

Legzy:
I'll hold my hands up.
I thought we were pants, the Championship was really competative & we likely be trying to avoid a relegation battle!
One out of three ain't bad ;)

mrmalaki:
To be fair though, I only went with newcastle top a few games in to the season when I could actually give a fair assumption of what the rest of the teams were generally like.

Legzy, which one of those were true though ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version