Author Topic: Sun 2nd May - QPR 0 Newcastle 1  (Read 5804 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sun 2nd May - QPR 0 Newcastle 1
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:46:13 am »
Well we need a draw to get to 100 points and 2 goals to get to 100 goals in all competitions.

QPR will be looking to salvage some pride from a poor season and finish above the likes of Doncaster, Ipswich and Coventry. QPR have only lost 3 times in their last 13 matches, conceded only 1 goal in their last 4 and recently thrashed West Brom. 

Team wise for us Hughton has stated Tim Krul will play in goal. Gutierrez has already gone back to Argentina. Steven Taylor has not travelled and Fitz Hall is injured.   

So expected line up today. Hughton not known for throwing in youngsters will play our normal team and go for a win. Usual away formation being 4-5-1 is what I would expect today with Alan Smith coming in for Lovenkrands to shore up the midfield:

Krul
Simpson       Coloccini    Williamson      Enrique
Routledge    Smith       Guthrie          Barton
                        Nolan
                       Carroll

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:46:23 am by trophy4toon »

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Sun 2nd May - QPR v Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:14:19 pm »
A bit nervy but another win on the road to round off the season with 100 points, if not 100 goals.

What did we learn today?

Leon Best is shite. That's about as much of a compliment as I can give him.
Barton is a Premiership player and in the last few games he has made passes of real quality to open up the defence and put players in on goal.
Lovenkrands is a critical player as he is able to play off Barton and use his pace to get himself chances. He also doesn't go hiding if he misses a couple.
Smith is useless when we have the ball and is a bit part player at most. On his wages he cannot afford to be retained as a part time player.
Ameobi is a carthorse. Carroll is a better option as at least he will fight (hopefully not literally) for the ball.
Krul looks a good prospect for the future.
Vuckic also looks like he'll be involved in the first team next season. Definitely one to keep an eye on.
Without Gutierrez we look a bit exposed on the wing. We need to hold onto him over the summer and reinforce by adding another winger. I think a left footed winger might be useful as Gutierrez could be deployed down either flank or even in the centre as part of a 4-5-1 formation.
We also missed Enrique at left back and Nolan in midfield. I think the big lad gets a lot of stick about his size but he's always there defensively when you want him to be and he's done the job this season.

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sun 2nd May - QPR 0 Newcastle 1
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:51:10 am »

Actual team was:
                              Krul
Simpson       Coloccini    Williamson      Ryan Taylor
Routledge    Smith       Guthrie          Barton
                        Best   Ameobi

subs:
Lovenkrands for Best 54 mins