Author Topic: Sun 4th July-Congratulation Mrmalaki, hope you missed the England match  (Read 5638 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not sure it was the best of plans to arrange a wedding and honeymoon during a world cup that England were one of the favourites to win.

Anyway congratulaions to Mrmalaki who got married last Saturday, whilst England were still in the World Cup.

Best of luck to you both and look forward to hearing from you on Trophy4toon soon   :)  :)  :) 

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Congratulations Mrmalaki. I hope you are enjoying an extended break from this nonsense that is the World Cup!

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
Cheers guys, it worked out ok in the long run though, missed the Saturday games with the service and reception but arrived at the honeymoon on Sunday afternoon at about 2.45 - just in time to settle down for an afternoon in front of the telly - shame about the actual game really. Then watched a couple of the better games whilst there too!

As much as England were amongst the favourites pre-tournament after the opening game you could tell something wasn't right - whether it was the climate, the tiredness, the team harmony, the players, or the manager I don't think we will ever really know. Germany really have been the team of the tournament so far but I can see them struggling against the  well organised and well managed Spanish team - I think the keepers might be what seperates them with Casillas looking rather dodgy (almost gifting Santa Cruz a goal late on yesterday after spilling a shot). I think the winner of that match will go on to be champions but then Uruguay have been pretty solid (though lack part of the firepower and forward line that got them this far in Luis Suarez) and any team with that has to tell V. D. Vaart he is a sub can't be too bad really! Both the Semis, play off and final look set to be good attacking games though! So should be pretty good from here on!