Author Topic: The Predictions League Table  (Read 12498 times)

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
Re: The Predictions League Table
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 07:54:26 pm »
Well I feel decidedly left out on the last conversation...but what I'm wondering is did I beat anybody this year?

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 09:44:59 pm »
and I'm waiting in anticipation to see if I've won.

My chances of winning greatly improved once I got too busy at work to remind Hooperman to put his prediction in each week  :)  :)

Offline Toonaldofan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 02:03:20 pm »
*Drumroll*

So here we have it the Result of the "Trophy4toon Predictions Winner Season 2010-11". The season has seen record low points tallies with other seasons winners coming in with well over the 100 points total. Guess it was much easier to predict we would hammer some rubbish championship team that garner any sort of form with this Newcastle team in the premier league. Ive also added the Points per prediction (PPP) column for those who didnt always get in the prediction on time or those (sorry one, Dolly) who didnt start at same time as everyone else.

However adding no other extra column could take away from our Champion this season. He won both overall title and also the PPP title proving that perhaps he only predicted when he knew what was going to happen although as mentioned above coming to any conclusion about Newcastle form probably deserves a title all on its own

So Congrats to our champion this season "hooperman"

Other mentions goes to Slam Dunc and Legzy whose epic battle for bragging rights continued throughout the season. With the same amount of points it seems Microsoft Excel wants to give those bragging rights to Legzy so congrats legzy on that count. Hopefully Dolly will be further up the table next season if predictions come in from beginning of the season. Also now that the Latest One has had a chance to sort out his future perhaps there is chance for "The Portugese One" or "The Young One" next season.

Thanks for all who participated throughout the season and sorry the results have taken so long to put up

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 04:01:46 pm »
Brilliant Brian, definately worth waiting for.

And runner up position for yourself is a credible performance too.

Mrmalaki has at least beat someone then.

Principally Dolly who is just far too optimistic, but she's new to this game.

Legzy beats Slam Dunc then,  :D  :D  :D   

Offline Slam Dunc

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 09:55:19 pm »
Oh god i thought i had beaten the mighty Legzy,,,,, o well i feel a song coming on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ur Crap and you know you are, ur Crap and you know you are etc etc etc etc >:(

Toonaldofan many thanks for your hard work and laughs this season its just a pity you have mis-calculated my score!!

Offline Legzy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »
Thanks for your time spent on this Brian 8) & as agreed, 10 in dirty brown envelove for sorting the results so that some of us 'finished in the right order', is on its way ;)

Ed. I couldn't put it better than Big Daddy
Easy, Easy, Easy!!!
lol, that makes it two years in a row I've overtaken Slam Dunk on the final table. LMFAO ;D

p.s. Brian, What was the maximum number of matches that could be predicted this season? (i.e. was it more than 43?)
p.p.s. Congrats Hooperman :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:47:09 pm by Legzy »

Offline Toonaldofan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:18 pm »
p.s. Brian, What was the maximum number of matches that could be predicted this season? (i.e. was it more than 43?)

No think it was 43. Only 2 people had all predictions in. Trophy4toon and Slam Dunc so on the excel spreadsheet i added a F23-1 for any missed predictions so if you missed 3 it was F23-3 (with F23 being Johns number of predictions)

Perhaps 44 was max or maybe only 42 but in either case everyone would be added one or decreased one accordingly so it makes little difference. Just went off number of rounds which was 43

Offline Legzy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 10:47:14 pm »
That's cool, I was just wondering if I had only missed one (I thought I had). I was fuming I missed it at the time, so ironic that missing that one has basically meant I've beaten Slam Dunc (again :P) :D :D

So have we got some kind of "Toon's final position in the table" type comp? Deadline for predictions end of August? Seem to recollect there was a full table prediction, but that's a bit involved for me.

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 07:48:03 am »
ok, get the message.

Will sort that out then.

Offline The Too Young To Know Any Better One

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 11:02:36 am »
Thanks Toonaldofan.

The Latest One has left the building. I am replacing him. My name is Andre Villas-Boas, see my latest photo on the left. I will be in England for approximately 9 months before my inevitable return to Portugal to start school.

I do not think anyone should win this competition but we should all succeed as a group and win with style. I will set you all free to predict with passion and make your own decisions.

I look forward to our great journey ahead.

Rusk anyone?

Offline hooperman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 02:31:28 pm »
Sadly, the joy of finishing top lasts only as long as it takes to be outbid on your top two summer transfer targets by Swansea and Brighton.

Hmm, might be slightly tougher competitions next term...

Good luck everyone and see you all at ours on Sept 12th (it's on the telly tho).