Author Topic: 6th Oct-Players I'd like to see red carded every week, the house of horrors  (Read 15930 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Enough of the likes of Sam Allardyce complaining that sending off players is spoiling football.

What is spoiling my enjoyment of the Premier League is the culling of many entertaining and skillful players by the thugs currently going barely punished week after week.

So here are some hints to the referees of who to keep an eye on and to red card immediately they step out of line:

Lee Cattermole - going well this season, already 2 red cards, a known thug, lets have him off at the first sign of trouble

Nigel De Jong - buiulding up quite a portfolio of thuggery including studs into Alonso's chest in the world cup final and breaking our Ben Afra's leg and the leg of USA player Stuart Holden, all in the last 9 months.

Karl Henry - no surprise to me that he was the one tackled Zamora when his leg broken, add also assaults on Joey Barton and Jordi Gomez

Ryan Shawcross - general thug and robbed the Premier League of one of our brightest young stars Aaron Ramsey by breaking his leg last season. Ramsey is still not playing again since Shawcross's tackle

Andy Wilkinson - Shawcross's mate at Stoke who nearly put out Fulhams talented young forward Moussa Dembele for the season with an atrocious tackle 

Will keep adding to this list no doubt, as I can't see the FA bothering to take any action to protect the skilfull players in our game
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:37:54 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Thought this was an amazing picture of referee Phil Dowd and Sunderland captain Lee Cattermole during the Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1 derby match yesterday.

Cattermole was booked after 68 minutes for a foul on Cheik Tiote and then substituted by Steve Bruce 7 minutes later to avoid having him sent off for the 3rd time this season.

And I copied this in also, the views of a Sunderland fan, as I said, amazing !! 

As a born & bred Sunderland supporter I'm disgusted by Cattermole's behaviour. He's a wild card, couldn't handle the derby atmosphere, kicked anyone around him and behaved like a petulant child. He doesn't deserve to wear our red & white stripes, then again there were others out on the pitch yesterday that didn't deserve to either !!!!!

Get your act sorted Cattermole or get out of our football club !!!!
- Ged, Brampton, Cumbria, 01/11/2010 11:26

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1325426/Lee-Cattermole-dodges-red-card-No-3-Steve-Bruce-hauls-captain-derby-defeat.html#ixzz143co2QV8
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:07:30 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

The picture of the tackle is a bit late and does not quite reflect the speed and distance from which Jara lunged with both feet. Definately a leg breaker if one of Varney's feet had been planted on the ground

Sitting watching a very entertaining Blackpool v West Brom match on Sky Sports.

Just adding West Brom's Gonzalo Jara to the list of hooror players who perform horror tackles. Just watched his horror two footed tackle on Blackpool's Luke Varney which could easily have broken Varney's leg but fortuneately did not. 

West Brom already down to 10 men now down to 9.

Well done youngest referee in the Premier League Michael Oliver, get rid of these thugs and save our skillful players from broken legs.

See if we can get a photo of the tackle later.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:02:50 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Wednesday 10th Nov
Sunderland captain Cattermole again as he assaults the brilliant and entertaining Luka Modric. Modric, lucky to survive is so incensed he goes to press calling for Cattermole to be banned.

Howard Webb famous for his World Cup final, only booked Cattermole. Shame, shame, shame   

Luka Modric: Lee Cattermole could have ended my career
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 3:50 PM on 10th November 2010
Comments (4) Add to My Stories Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric has accused Lee Cattermole of putting his career in jeopardy, in an angry response to the Sunderland captain's latest controversial challenge.

Fuming Modric claims Cattermole's nasty studs-first tackle in last night's 1-1 Barclays Premier League draw at White Hart Lane could easily have broken his leg.

Midfielder Cattermole was shown a yellow card for the 69th-minute incident, which sparked a brief melee between opposing players.

Ban him: Spurs players confront Lee Cattermole (C) after his nasty challenge left Luka Modric fearing his career could be 'ended'
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was adamant Cattermole should have been sent off for the third time this season, while opposite number Steve Bruce was equally convinced the challenge was fair.

Modric, who stayed down for some time last night following the tackle, left no doubt where he stood, saying: 'Players who tackle like that need to think before making a tackle because they can ruin careers of friends and professionals.

Pain game: Modric winces in agony as Van der Vaart (L) lets rip at Cattermole
'He should have been sent off. I can't show you now but there is a big swelling on my knee and he should have got a red card but the referee decided differently.

'When you see tackles like that, it is a little upsetting, and if they are not punished properly then even more so.

'For now, it is a little bit sore but I hope it will settle down.
'I jumped and if I stayed with my legs on the floor it would have been even worse, but I got out of the way at the last second.

'Maybe if I stayed on the floor I would have broken my leg but I jumped and that has probably saved me. Thank God everything finished well.'

Referee Howard Webb was also at the centre of the game's other big controversy, electing to book David Bentley for diving in the box following a challenge from Boudewijn Zenden.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1328449/Luka-Modric-Lee-Cattermole-ended-career.html#ixzz14u6URyQO
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:12:13 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Might as well add Cesc Fabregas on here to represent the hypocrites at Arsenal. Nice football but a real nasty streak right through that team.

Shocking tackle from Fabregas last night against Wolves as he lunged and put his studs high into Stephen Wards leg. Ward was then stretchered off.

Referee Mark Halsey deemed it a yellow card. Not sure then Mr Halsey what you think needs to be done to get a straight red then.

I'm so sorry! Cesc Fabregas apologises after his dangerous tackle leaves Wolves defender with 'big cut on his leg'
By Neil Moxley Last updated at 12:41 AM on 11th November 2010
Comments (6) Add to My Stories
 Lucky escape: Fabregas avoided seeing red
Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas was forced to apologise to Stephen Ward after his horror tackle resulted in the Wolves defender having to be carried off on a stretcher at Molineux.

Referee Mark Halsey refused to send Fabregas off for his sliding challenge on Ward and the lucky midfielder escaped with just a yellow card as Arsenal won 2-0 thanks to Marouane Chamakh's double.

The tackle was deemed so bad that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger apologised to Wolves counterpart Mick McCarthy.

'I think it was accidental, that's what Cesc told me,' said Wenger. 'He touched him, of course, but he wanted to play the ball. He went to the dressing room afterwards and apologised to the player.
'I haven't seen the tackle yet but I'd like to apologise to McCarthy if his player was injured. A red card would have meant it was reckless and on purpose. The intention in the tackle is very important, you cannot take the tackling out of the game.'

Wolves boss McCarthy, incredibly, refused to criticise Fabregas and said Ward had accepted his apology.

'He's gone for the ball, so I've no problem. Their player has aluminium studs and Wardy has got a big cut on his leg. Fabregas has apologised and Wardy has accepted it like a man. It's like a throwback to the days when you've broken someone's nose and buy them a pint at the bar. '

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1328597/Arsenals-Cesc-Fabregas-apologises-dangerous-tackle-leaves-Wolves-defender-big-cut-leg.html#ixzz14xPpQXoo
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:48:09 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

26th December - West Brom 1 Blackburn 3

One of the worst tackles of the season, makes you wince just watching it.

After scoring 2 goals Blackburn's Nikola Kalinic was then red carded for a shocking knee high lunge on West Brom's Paul Scharner which could so easily have broke his leg.

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
I think it's about time Kevin Davies was identified as the dirtiest player in the league. The stats may show that Tiote has picked up more bookings but they also indicate that Davies commits more fouls than any other player in the league by quite some margin. While majority of these are caused by him backing into opposition defenders, blocking people off and pulling shirts; all of which are deemed 'minor fouls' and often not worth of a booking, I believe that during the course of a game these should tally up and lead to a booking. Davies is serial cheater in a manner similar to those who would throw themselves at the deck in an attempt to deceive officials.

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Birmingham 0 Arsenal 3 1st Jan 2011

By all accounts the Birmingham game plan was to rough up Arsenal and also included a pretty bad challenge by Roger Johnson on Fabregas.

Meanwhile Birmingham boss Alex McLeish who gives out the orders on the style of play trips out the old line that "soon players won't be allowed to tackle at all". 

Lee Bowyer never has needed much encouragement to assault a fellow professional, missed by the referee in the match hence a 3 match retrospective ban by the FA for violent conduct.

Well deserved too !!

Lee Bowyer hit with three-match ban over after accepting FA rap for Sagna stamp

Last updated at 1:54 PM on 4th January 2011
Comments (15) Add to My Stories Lee Bowyer has accepted a three-match ban for violent conduct over his stamp on Bacary Sagna.

The Birmingham midfielder dug his studs into Sagna's leg during Arsenal's 3-0 victory at St Andrews on Saturday.

He will now miss Tuesday's Barclays Premier League clash at Blackpool, the FA Cup Cup tie with Millwall on Saturday and next Tuesday’s Carling Cup semi-final first leg at West Ham.

Trial by TV: Bowyer could face FA action for this alleged stamp on Sagna
Birmingham boss Alex McLeish said: 'We accept the decision and will now have to move forward into the next three games without the services of Bowyer.

'We have got a good discipline record at this club and stress to the players every week how important discipline is.'

Referee Peter Walton told the FA that had he seen the incident, he would have sent Bowyer off.

McLeish said on Monday that he would find it easier to stomach the prospect of a ban for Bowyer if he believed bigger Premier League clubs face the same scrutiny.

McLeish highlighted what he feels is an inadequate system of retrospective trial by TV.
‘As long as there is fairness, there isn’t a problem,’ said the Birmingham manager yesterday.

‘If things happen against our players and we are tried by television, that has to be the same for everyone.
 Double standards: Alex McLeish says his side are being singled out
‘I’ll give you an example of when it hasn’t been. A month ago, near the end of the Spurs game, Alan Hutton headbutted one of our players, David Murphy, by the touchline.
'I never said anything about it at the end of the game. Hutton came into the dressing-room afterwards, apologised and shook Murphy’s hand. But nothing was done about it.

‘However, on Match of the Day 2, the incident was shown. The pundits were sitting on the sofas and they just laughed about it. They called Alan a “little bull”, and suggested it was the way a bull would butt somebody.
‘I didn’t see anyone screaming about Alan Hutton that day. I was quite happy to accept the apology and let it be swept under the carpet. I could have come out at the time and asked, “Why has he not been done?”

‘But as soon as one of our players is involved, then there is a big furore and Bowyer’s got to be punished. I don’t want to see people tried by television. But if we are going to go through it, everyone should.’

The FA say Hutton’s butt was seen and dealt with at the time by referee Kevin Friend when the teams drew 1-1 at St Andrew’s on December 4.
 Consistency: Birmingham boss McLeish says Hutton's clash with Murphy was just laughed off last month
Therefore, the defender could not be subjected to any post-match action. But McLeish also suggested that, while Roger Johnson was criticised for a high tackle on Cesc Fabregas during Arsenal’s 3-0 victory, Gunners midfielder Samir Nasri came in for less scrutiny.

‘We want fairness,’ said McLeish.
‘The challenge by Samir Nasri on Stephen Carr at the end of the first half was nasty. His studs were showing. If Stevie had stayed down then it might have been different. But he is one of these guys who doesn’t like to show an opponent that he’s hurting.

‘Nasri has just come in late. I’m not saying it was a malicious challenge, but if you slow it down, you’ll see Nasri’s studs on Stevie’s ankle. If that had been slowed down, then you would have seen that it was a bad tackle.

‘Roger Johnson was booked for his challenge. He miscontrolled the ball and lunged after it. He was booked for that.

'With that one, the follow-through was the damning thing. The day is going to come where players won’t be able to tackle.

‘I don’t know whether there’s enough time in the day to scrutinise everything. We are looking for goalline technology and there are so many things that could be done to improve the game.

‘But those are separate issues. We are just after fairness. We are not defending any player if they have made a bad decision on the field. But it seems that the smaller clubs are always scrutinised. They need to look at the bigger clubs as well.’

An FA spokesman denied any possibility of bias and insisted: ‘The FA apply retrospective action only to incidents that are deemed off-the-ball and have clearly not been seen by the referee.

‘The application of this is consistent to all incidents that are brought to our attention.’

On hearing the news Bowyer had been suspended, Wenger said: 'Well the FA had a look at it and decided to charge him. I don't think I have any special comment to make on that. They judged him guilty and we have all to accept it.
'I think even Bowyer will accept that. He made a mistake, he has been punished and he will accept it.'
The Gunners boss rejected suggestions by McLeish they were one of the clubs who were not scrutinised as much.

He added: 'I just think the FA has to pick out any incident and punish every single club," Wenger said. I believe usually the media single out more the bigger clubs because they are more in the spotlight - but the FA has just to be objective and try to punish everybody no matter where he comes from. For every bad or violent player. If you want to sum it up I don't believe we have any favours from the media, no.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343975/Lee-Bowyer-hit-match-ban-accepting-FA-rap-Sagna-stamp.html#ixzz1A655r5m9

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Mathieu Flamini's horror two footed leap at Tottenham's Corluka in the bloodbath of the AC Milan v Tottenham match.

Have to say I was astonished when the referee only produced a yellow card for Flamini. Corluka thinks he should be put in prison for the tackle !!

Don't blame him for saying that really, not clear yet the extent of the damage Flamini's tackle has done to Corluka's career.

Flamini apologises for horror tackle but victim Corluka wants AC Milan's former Arsenal man locked up

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:39 AM on 16th February 2011
Comments (8) Add to My Stories AC Milan's Mathieu Flamini is sorry for the tackle that Tottenham defender Vedran Corulka said should have landed him in jail.

Midfielder Flamini was lucky to escape a red card for a wild two-footed lunge which saw Croatian Corulka carried from the field on a stretcher as Spurs won the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie 1-0.

Tempers flared at the San Siro with Milan captain Gennaro Gattuso headbutting Spurs coach Joe Jordan and Flamini, who received a yellow card for his challenge, tried to calm things down ahead of next month's return at White Hart Lane.

Ref justice: Flamini (No 16) was only booked after leaving Corluka in a crumpled heap on the touchline
The Frenchman, who spent four years as an Arsenal player before moving to Italy, said: 'I went to the Tottenham locker room to check on Corluka's condition and to apologise.'

But the Croatia player said later that Flamini 'should be in jail for that tackle'.

As a former Gunner Flamini knows what to expect in north London but he is confident the Serie A leaders can turn the tie around after Peter Crouch scored the crucial goal.

He added: 'The tie is still there to be won. It won't be easy but we have shown we can create chances and it's up to us to play a great match in London.

'It was a real shame because we played a good second half. We created several chances but unfortunately we were hit on the counter attack when we were on top and that's why it's such a shame we lost.

'The difference was that we pressed them a lot higher up the pitch in the second half.
 Unfortunate end: Corluka was forced to make an early exit on a stretcher after Flamini's wild tackle
'We started developing our football more after the break and that's the direction we need to keep heading in. We must go to London without any complexes and do everything in our power to turn things in our favour.'

Milan right-back Ignazio Abate can look forward to a busy night as Wales winger Gareth Bale should be available after recovering from a back injury.

But, like Flamini, the defender is staying positive.

He said. 'In the first half we didn't manage to press them back in their half but the second half was much better, we kept them pegged back, we won back possession in their third of the pitch.

'We had them on the ropes and perhaps with a bit more clear-mindedness in front of goal we could have scored.

'Their tactics were to be expected. They came to play for a 0-0 which is normal and it's the advantage you have when you play the first leg away from home.
'However we will just have to go there and bring all of our qualities into the equation. It won't be easy obviously because of the way things went but we must stay calm, forget about this and win in London.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1357501/Mathieu-Flamini-apologises-tackle-Vedran-Corluka-wants-locked-up.html#ixzz1EAO0Hixw
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:03:59 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Knew he would make it into this feature eventually this season.

Wayne Rooney is a nasty piece of work. If you ever get the chance to watch him live in a match, he is constantly in the referees face and that of his opponents and a pretty regular practitioner of violent conduct against the opposition.

Because it is Wayne Rooney, referees for some inexplicable reason choose not to send him off.

This elbow of James McCarthy in the match against Wigan yesterday was a straight red card yet referee Mark Clattenburg did not even book him, but did give the foul against Rooney.

Still waiting to see if the Clattenburg match report results in a retrospective ban for Rooney   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:44:20 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Well it's clear to see once again that it is one rule for players at a top team and one rule for those at other clubs. Rooney escapes a ban despite a clear assault on McCarthy that would surely have seen Joey Barton banned for the rest of the season had he been the involved party.

Elsewhere apparently it's fine for Ashley Cole to turn up at the training ground with an air rifle and shoot at a work experience kid. Another incident that had Barton been involved, would likely now be sitting in the cells. Ashley Cole is a complete tosser with no respect for authority on or off the pitch. A little time at Her Majesty's pleasure would do him the world of good.