Author Topic: 5th Feb-assistant referee gets it wrong 2 games in 1 week, stoke v sunderland  (Read 2104 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just watching John Carew's blatant offside equaliser for Stoke against Sunderland.

The assistant referee being the same one who probably gave the worst off side decision of the season for Saha's Everton goal in mid week which caused all the issues against Arsenal.

So he is not having a good week and look out for him in the papers tomorrow.

Can't find his name just yet but we will no doubt be seeing it in the papers tomorrow.

Bear in mind he is only a part timer paid 375 for each match he officiates.

Whilst the Premier League and clubs make millions beaming these games worldwide to millions of fans.

Something is not right somewhere, but that said, you do think sometimes you could do better yourself than some of those Assistant Referees we have out there.     

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh, Sunderland lost 3-2 then but tv replays show the first 2 of Stoke's goals were off side.

Oh well, Officials 3 Sunderland 2 or in a high tech, properly run global sport it would have been Stoke 1 Sunderland 2

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
2 things I would point out - yes Carew is beyond the goalie - but look at Henderson on the far side I think he is actually playing him on (along with the man on the line). Not 100% because I haven't seen a decent angle but on one angle you can see him run past with someone he is marking and I don't see him move back from that position after wards.

On the second one yes Carew is offside but watch his marker (think it may be Needum Onouha) push him in to the offside position - so either it's a penalty or you play the advantage...then it does come off his hand so it's a handball but you can't really expect either lino or ref to see that given the numbers in the box and around the action...