Author Topic: 28th Jan - bad home defeat to Cropredy  (Read 1444 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
28th Jan - bad home defeat to Cropredy
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:25:35 pm »
I'm being blamed for this defeat as a jonas as they have won their last two matches that I have not been too.

Matt's preparation for this game was a night out clubbing in Oxford last night where he drunk countless shots and got to bed at 5:50 am.

Cropredy came into this game as the form team of the league and won their game last week 9-0.

Heyford did not help themselves by giving away a soft goal with some slack defending in the first 5 minutes. They can't blame me for that as I had not even arrived by then.

When I got there Heyford were playing well and pressing Cropredy hard. They equalised and then missed two excellent chances to go ahead. But a good first half performance from Heyford with Matt and his defence playing well and in control and the team creating good chances.

Half time 1-1 !!

Different story second half though, Cropredy stepped up a gear and dominated the game but could not break down the Heyford defence.

Then from a corner Matt came to punch but got crowded out and a free header for their forward to head in. Matt claimed a foul but problem is he needs to be more professional i.e. if he is fouled hit the deck more convincingly rather than trying to avoid the holding on him.

Then with Heyford pushing for an equaliser Cropredy broke again and slammed in a third.

The match was not yet finished with incident.

Matt came out for a ball and got there first only for one of there players to follow through on his leg and and nearly break it. Yellow card for him.

Then Wez with 5 seconds left put in a two footed tackle which the ref took a dislike to and gave him a straight red card. Bit harsh we all thought.

So did Wez, he went to see the referee in his room afterwards wrapped only in a towel but came out with the red card rescinded. So I don't no what went on in the referee's office !!!

Final score: Heyford 1 Cropredy 3