Author Topic: Euro and Olympic prediction proposals  (Read 2234 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Euro and Olympic prediction proposals
« on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:18 am »
June 11th is England's first outing (Vs France)

The predictor I am intending to include predicting:
- The winner of the European Championship (before a ball is kicked)
- The winner of the Olympics Mens Football (before the first game kicks off)
- The golden boot winner of each tournament
- The score in each and every game
- The first scorer in each game
- The number of yellow cards in a round of fixtures
- The team that scores the quickest goal in the round of fixtures
- The number of goals in a round of fixtures (calculated by your predictions)

Any of these can be taken out (or if you have other ideas I can add them in) We can also debate what points each deserves...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:00:15 am by trophy4toon »

Offline Slam Dunc

• View Profile
Re: Euro and Olympic prediction proposals
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:20:49 pm »
Keep it simple T4t - i can't cope with all of that lot!
I see there is no mention of the ladies beach vollball-that would get my vote.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:22:48 pm by Slam Dunc »

Offline Darkside

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:47:32 am »
It's slightly more complex than the traditional T4t format, but it should be good fun. I'm all for it. If Slam Dunc is whingeing already it just shows he's frightened of the opposition. I suppose he'll be wanting to change the rules to suit himself in this league as well !

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:30:03 pm »
June 11th is England's first outing (Vs France)

- The winner of the European Championship (before a ball is kicked) - 100 points
- The winner of the Olympics Mens Football (before the first game kicks off) - 100 points
- The golden boot winner of each tournament - 100pts (each)
- The score in each and every game - 5 points for result (win, lose draw), 5 points per team goals scored, bonus 10 if exact scoreline
- The first scorer in each game - 10 points (per game)
- The team that scores the quickest goal in the round of fixtures -50 points per round
- The number of goals in a round of fixtures (calculated by your predictions) - 50 points per round
A round will consist of up to 8 games and will be, each set of fixtures in the group stages, the quater finals, the semi finals, the final in each of the contests

I intend on posting each round individually with predictions having to come in before the kick off in any particular game (ie you can predict the whole lot in one go if you feel like it or you can wait til the last minute to find out team line-ups/injury news etc. but risk forgetting...

Of course before anything starts you should put in your predictions for the eventual winner and Golden Boot winner (though you may want to wait until the final squads are announced for that too...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:42:33 am by mrmalaki »

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »
in the event of a tie in the golden boot award points will go to any correct answer!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:21:40 am by mrmalaki »

Offline mrmalaki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:44:51 am »

- The winner of the European Championship (before a ball is kicked) - 100 points
- The winner of the Olympics Mens Football (before the first game kicks off) - 100 points
- The golden boot winner of each tournament - 100pts (each)
- The score in each and every game - 5 points for result (win, lose draw), 5 points per team goals scored, bonus 10 if exact scoreline (ie if score 2-1 then a 2-0 prediction scores 5 for result and 5 for the home team goals scored. a prediction of 0-1 would get you 5 points for the away team goals scored, and a prediction of 2-1 would get you the maximum 25 points
- The team that scores the quickest goal in the round of fixtures -50 points per round
- The number of goals in a round of fixtures (calculated by your predictions) - 50 points per round
A round will consist of up to 8 games and will be, each set of fixtures in the group stages, the quater finals, the semi finals, the final in each of the contests

I intend on posting each round individually with predictions having to come in before the kick off in any particular game (ie you can predict the whole lot in one go if you feel like it or you can wait til the last minute to find out team line-ups/injury news etc. but risk forgetting...

Of course before anything starts you should put in your predictions for the eventual winner and Golden Boot winner (though you may want to wait until the final squads are announced for that too...