Author Topic: Demba Ba rumbles on  (Read 2362 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Demba Ba rumbles on
« on: October 15, 2012, 07:12:58 am »
His agent is not happy. 

When you have the premier league top scorer under your wing and he is only being paid 2.5 million a year who would be ?

Newcastle have already laughed at his increased salary demands to sign a new contract. 

Meanwhile his 7 million release clause kicks in in January. 

He is rumoured to be liverpools top striking target ?

He is also sadly said to have a dodgy knee yet he looks to be one of our fittest players. 

What will his agent do next ?

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Demba Ba rumbles on
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:56:18 am »
It seems to me that his agent is not happy because I believe he will get an enormous cut of that 7M transfer fee. The talk last transfer window was that Ba would personally collect half of that sum with probably 1M of Ba's cut going straight into the pocket of his agent.

I think the club are being very clever in how they handle this as they get more time out of Demba Ba before finally offloading him. The club are not going to be giving out huge contracts to any of our players any time soon and instead will opt to cash in. I believe the club are probably looking at Cisse as the striker going forward and are now actively watching a selection of young strikers on the continent that they could potentially bring in.

It would not surprise me to see us have another look at Kevin Gameiro who has made one start in 6 games for PSG and seems surplus to requirements despite netting twice this season. I think we will look to compliment Cisse with someone who can play as part of a three and help to get the best out of Cisse again.

What I do know for sure is that this club does not negotiate with those making threats regards money. We have seen already with Kevin Nolan what happens.