Author Topic: The relegation battle - who needs to win what ??  (Read 1328 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The relegation battle - who needs to win what ??
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:36:14 pm »
Interesting view on the relegation battle, reckons Sunderland will go down  :)

Villa supporters view on end of season results. here are the remaining fixtures, I wont bother with Reading or QPR because I reckon they have gone:

12th Southampton: Reading(win) West Ham(draw) Swansea(draw) West Brom(draw) Spurs(lose) Sunderland(win) Stoke(draw) Verdict = 10pts from 21 will stay up on 44pts

13th Stoke: Villa(draw) Man Utd(lose) QPR(win) Norwich(win) Sunderland(win) Spurs(lose) Southampton(draw) Verdict = 11pts from 21 will stay up on 45pts

14th Norwich: Swansea(lose) Aresenal(lose) Reading(draw) Stoke(lose) Villa(lose) West Brom(lose) Man City(lose) Verdict = 1pt from 21 will stay up on 35pts

15th Newcastle: Fulham(draw) Sunderland(draw) West Brom(lose) Liverpool(lose) West Ham(draw) QPR(win) Aresenal(lose) Verdict = 6pts from 21 will stay up on 40pts

16th Sunderland: Chelsea(lose) Newcastle(draw) Everton(lose) Villa(lose) Stoke(lose) Southampton(lose) Spurs(lose) Verdict = 1pt from 21 will go down on 31pts

17th Wigan: QPR(win) Man City(lose) West Ham(draw) Spurs(lose) West Brom(lose) Swansea(lose) Arsenal(lose) Villa(draw) Verdict = 7pts from 24 will stay up on 37pts

18th Aston Villa: Stoke(draw) Fulham(draw) Man Utd(lose) Sunderland(win) Norwich(win) Chelsea(lose) Wigan(draw) Verdict = 9pts from 21 will stay up on 39pts

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: The relegation battle - who needs to win what ??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 11:18:31 pm »
Not for me thanks. I think we'll do Fulham and Sunderland, get a point at West Brom, clean out Liverpool at home and then pack in for the season until the final day where we draw with Arsenal.

Offline Crico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 05:34:25 am »
Wishful thinking from Villa fans there. I don't think they'll beat Sunderland or Norwich. Hughton's team can't get a win at the moment but they aren't losing many either. Last day drama for them if you ask me.

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:45:55 am »
What Villa have in their favour is the fact that they have both a goalscorer in Benteke and are in fact scoring plenty of goals. Sure they are conceding goals at the back but against a team like Sunderland I'd fancy them to win. When you are struggling and confidence is low you don't want to put an emphasis on keeping other teams out and trying to scrape 1-0 wins.

Sunderland have two massive games against Villa and Stoke in which they can save themselves even if they get nothing from St James' Park next week.

Stoke are the other interesting one for me as they seem to have problems scoring goals and are awful away from home. That could really play into Sunderland's hands. I think that may even be the Monday night game that week which could make for interesting viewing.

I expect Wigan will get something against the likes of West Brom and Swansea. It would be typical of them to find victories and pile the pressure on everyone else.