Author Topic: Mon 28th Dec - West Brom 1 Newcastle 0  (Read 3393 times)

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Mon 28th Dec - West Brom 1 Newcastle 0
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 04:42:46 pm »
We are at sixes and sevens at the back as Anichebe runs at Coloccini and rips him a new one. He's hardly the most mobile striker but he's in on goal but Darlow is able to block his attempt. The commentator just mentioned De Jong having not kicked the ball yet as he picks it up in midfield. I do question why we are even bothering with this lad as he has made no impact on any game that he has played a part in thus far. He has no physicality, no pace, no tricks and seems to be the slowest player anyone has even seen.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:56:38 pm by CraigDoyle »

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Mon 28th Dec - West Brom 0 Newcastle 0
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 04:46:04 pm »
Colback now being replaced by Thauvin with five minutes to go. I'm sure he'll have a massive impact on the game with only five minutes on the park. I actually feel sorry for the boy as he is being dubbed a flop without ever really getting an opportunity. Not only does he only get a few minutes here and there but he isn't playing alongside a central midfielder so he's expected to produce miracles on his own. It's the same rubbish Cabella was subjected to last year after he didn't make an immediate impact.

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Mon 28th Dec - West Brom 0 Newcastle 0
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 04:52:45 pm »
Sissoko pulls up and falls to the floor holding his thigh. That's his afternoon finished and I suspect he'll be out for a few weeks after that. Just what we need is another one on the famous Newcastle United training ground treatment table.

Has been rubbish from McClaren again today. He's another reactive manager who waits too late to influence matches that are in progress. He doesn't read the game or see what's happening so we get the same basic substitutions every single week. By contrast Pulis made positive changes and is still out there issuing instructions to his players.

We have too many anonymous players just along for the ride. It's either that or they are players who don't have the ability to influence games on their own. I suspect Wijnaldum falls into the latter category as he looks lost when not in the centre of the park. Similarly with little to feed on Mitrovic just looks like another lost cause. We badly need a central midfielder as we can't persist with this Colback/Anita pairing stinking up the midfield.

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 05:00:43 pm »
To put it into perspective for people. The man managing this football club is a former England manager. He comes to the club and talks a big game about playing possession football but is playing anything but. He is struggling for ideas on how to create changes and looks to offer nothing but backs to the wall defending with the odd counterattack in between continual long balls down the park.

His regular post match comments will undoubtedly talk about how much effort we put in, the hard schedule at this time of year and Mitrovic not being awarded a penalty. He'll try to swindle us with nonsense about looking forward instead of back and tell us that the transfer window is open soon and we might have to do business. He won't offer any insightful comments on the piss poor football his teams play and the fact he doesn't understand that his outdated tactics will never turn things around. He'll ask for time but he should be sent packing up the road tomorrow morning as he's fucking clueless.

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 05:03:12 pm »
All eyes turn to Mike Ashley now.

How long will he sit watching us slide into the Championship without at least trying a new manager.

You get the feeling he is too mean, he doesn't want to change because it will cost him money.

Seeing his interview at the end of last season, Ashley can't seriously think he'll make top 4 or win a cup with McClaren in charge ??

Offline Legzy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 07:52:30 pm »
Don't forget we tried really hard & that the guys have been great, certainly didn't deserve to lose!  :D:'(

OK, I'm over Maclaren, next manager please. I was hopeful when he arrived, I've remained loyal, but enough's enough. Bye bye Steve, let's try to rescue this season.

Bit worried about who we'd go for & possibly worse, who'd be prepared to come?! ???