Author Topic: McClaren Radio Phone-In  (Read 1339 times)

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
McClaren Radio Phone-In
« on: March 05, 2016, 09:45:05 am »
Mickey Quinn quite rightly giving McClown a hammering on the TalkSport phone in this morning.

It's interesting to here the same garbage spit out by opposition fans that we have heard time and time down the years. It's clear that the average football supporter resorts to media paid stereotypes of Newcastle fans which are way wide of the mark. John from Hertfordshire wants Newcastle to be relegated because he thinks Newcastle fans are wrong to feel entitled to their club winning things. Exactly who in Newcastle is suggesting that this club should be winning trophies one no idea. Certainly nobody that I've spoken to in the last ten years.

Earlier we had Paul the Palace fan telling us that Newcastle fans have brought everything on themselves by creating websites such as SackPardew.com. Getting rid of a great manager like Alan Pardew means we deserve everything we get. Paul is sticking by Pards despite the fact he's produced pitiful football for three months. See you in the Championship shortly Paul.

An earlier call in from a Newcastle fan almost resulted in me crashing the car as he claimed McClown is our best chance of survival.

Offline Tooncelona

• View Profile
Re: McClaren Radio Phone-In
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:52:48 am »
Did anyone see the press conference on Sky (I didn't) where McClaren had a go at a reporter for writing an article suggesting that he was close to being sacked?

Apparently it was quite tasty and the reporter, who was at the conference, replied saying "Iím not the problem Steve, youíre the problem. Not me. Donít you dare suggest Iíve got an agenda against you. "Walk away Steve, smiling, grinning again - Heís been out of his depth since the minute he walked in." The guy has touched a nerve and obviously hit the nail on the head. Coincidentally he was called Craig!  ;D  See www.nufc.com for more details and a link to the article he wrote.

Offline Tooncelona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:58:40 am »
Did anyone see the press conference on Sky (I didn't) where McClaren had a go at a reporter for writing an article suggesting that he was close to being sacked?

Apparently it was quite tasty and the reporter, who was at the conference, replied saying "Iím not the problem Steve, youíre the problem. Not me. Donít you dare suggest Iíve got an agenda against you. "Walk away Steve, smiling, grinning again - Heís been out of his depth since the minute he walked in." The guy has touched a nerve and obviously hit the nail on the head. Coincidentally he was called Craig!  ;D  See www.nufc.com for more details and a link to the article he wrote.

PS Has anyone noticed how much that smiley looks like McClaren when he's explaining the latest defeat to the media?  ;D

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 11:52:30 am »
yes pressure is increasing as Manuel Pellegrini is being touted this morning as interested in managing us next season.

He's been offered £3 million a year to manage Zenit St Petersburg so it's unlikely he'll match that offer at Newcastle.

We seem to prefer a model whereby we spend £1 million a year on a useless manager then £82 million on players trying to compensate that.   

Offline Slam Dunc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 01:15:30 pm »
Bring on David Moyes or 'arry Renknap

Offline Tooncelona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »
Don't really fancy Moyes or Rednapp although admittedly either would be prefereable to McClaren ... lets face it, JohnCarver would be better than McClaren!! ... Pellegrini yes but that means keeping McClaren to the end of the season and not sure whether Pellegrini would be interested in managing in the Championship!

Offline Slam Dunc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 01:51:23 pm »
Thing is if; sorry; when we go down Moyes or Rednap would be ideal to bring us back up again?