Author Topic: Saturday 2nd April - Norwich 3 Newcastle 2  (Read 1045 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Saturday 2nd April - Norwich 3 Newcastle 2
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:51:00 pm »
It's alright for Mike Ashley to say he's stepped back and left it to Lee Charnley but the bottom line is they left it far to late to do the obvious and sack Steve MacClaren.
It's left little hope for the incoming manager.
Benitez is currently every bodies hero but he needs to be a miracle worker to rescue the mess we are in. As Villa are finding out, you get the results you deserve and if you let the club get into a mess it takes time to dig yourself out of it.
Today we are without Elliott and Mitrovic, our two most spirited players. We have no captain and no fit left back.
Benitez seems unsure who his best players are, hardly surprising it's only his third match with them.
Norwich on the other hand, the picture of stability and coming into a run of form.
It's going to be tough     
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:12:19 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday 2nd April - Norwich v Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:54:26 pm »
We almost escaped a shocking first half performance by getting to half time 1-0.

I'm not convinced the manager actually picks the team at Newcastle, team selection is bizarre every week regardless of who is manager.

Anita at left back with Sissoko wide left has been pretty disastrous. Sissoko Janmaat on the right was one of the few strengths of this team.

Cisse up front on his own for an away match, we know that comes to an inevitable conclusion. There is no point playing Cisse unless we are going to be creating a lot of chances. So far we've created nothing.

What does Benitez do now, all out attack somehow.

Will be interesting to see. I'm expecting a first half much the same as the second.

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday 2nd April - Norwich 3 Newcastle 2
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 05:13:53 pm »
I'm waiting for Benitez to explain his first half team selection