Author Topic: Tues 19th April - Newcastle 1 Man City 1  (Read 1048 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tues 19th April - Newcastle 1 Man City 1
« on: April 19, 2016, 09:42:38 pm »
Not quite the result we needed but that's the first time in years that we've looked like a proper football team.

Well done Rafa Benitez.

We were well organised, great spirit and effort in the team and great team selection and use of subs.

A class performance from the team and the manager. 

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Tues 19th April - Newcastle 1 Man City 1
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 10:08:37 am »
Rubbish officiating from the linesman cost us all three points last night as Aguerro was a clear yard offside when he scored. For years I've been calling for TV replays to get these big decisions right as such goals have massive financial implications. Twenty seconds reviewing the goal would have determined that it should not have stood. We want to talk about 'fair play' but again a 'big club' gets the benefit of being able to cheat their way to a result.

Perhaps we should seek compensation from the Premier League at the end of the season if we need the two points we were cheated out of here by one of their appointed officials who is clearly not of the standard required?

Offline Legzy

• View Profile
Re: Tues 19th April - Newcastle 1 Man City 1
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »
It was great to see the team trying to pick up every lose ball, harrassing City all the way. Big improvement last night over a lot of the season.
I prey we pull off the great escape, keep Rafa & Ashley continues to dip into the clubs pockets for cash for players (that Rafa wants this time!), could be a massive season for the Toon, or we could be struggling in the Championship. Massive massive last few games!