Author Topic: Sat 18th Mar 2017 - Birmingham 0 Newcastle 0  (Read 637 times)

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Sat 18th Mar 2017 - Birmingham 0 Newcastle 0
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:00:23 am »
Another poor game at St Andrews that follows the awful match in the cup down there earlier in the season.

The only real point of note to make was the awful error from the referee and linesman which denied Matt Ritchie a perfectly good goal as confirmed by the TV replays. I mention it almost every other week but when are we going to get these decisions right? The technology is available at every single ground in the football league to help the referees and linesmen get these hugely important decisions right but for some reason we are ignoring it and allowing huge moments with potentially hundreds of millions of pounds at stake to go to chance. It's laughable and as I keep saying it does not promote the FIFA motto of 'fair play' and instead creates an environment where cheats can prosper and where the game lacks integrity.

With Jonjo Shelvey suffering from illness we put out a second rate team and were treated to second rate football in return. Diame was terrible yet again and in my mind is the new Sissoko. he needs to be cleaned out at the end of the season along with midfield partner Jack Colback who I think will struggle to find a Championship side that will take him. As noted earlier in the seasno Gouffran is useless without Shelvey in the side and we were pretty much limited to Matt Ritchie or nothing going forward. Lots in there to consider should we get promoted. In fact I'd be concerned that Rafa ups and leaves in the summer because he will need at least 100M in investment to even have a chance in the Premier League with this team.

Fortunately both Brighton and Huddesfield failed to register any points on their away day visits to Leeds and Bristol City respectively. Huddersfield imploded losing 4-0 which makes me wonder if they can last down the stretch.

Two home games against Wigan and Burton coming up. Six points must be collected.