Author Topic: Mitrovic - retrospective 3 match ban imminent - not trusted at Newcastle  (Read 1014 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mitrovic showed all the reasons against West Ham on Saturday as to why Benitez does not trust him.

He's now about to face a retrospective 3 match ban for his elbow on Lanzini 10 minutes after he came on the pitch against West Ham.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/newcastle-united/story/3191594/fa-charges-aleksandar-mitrovic-with-violent-conduct-over-alleged-elbow   

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitrovic - retrospective 3 match ban imminent - not trusted at Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 12:46:48 pm »
It's a fair point people are making mind that following a rant by Gary Neville on Sky TV the FA have retrospectively banned Mitrovic despite the referee seeing the incident in the game and thinking it was ok.

However the atrocious tackle Harry Kane did on Lejeune who has not played since certainly also deserved a red card and 3 match ban yet that was overlooked.

Meanwhile, I assume Mitrovic has the same counselor as Jonjo Shelvey ?

Did no one in the Newcastle scouting team think to find out if they were signing a physcho before we paid 13 million for him, or has he just become a physcho since joining Newcastle.

I know, the team drives you to it ......... 

Offline CraigDoyle

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Mitrovic - retrospective 3 match ban imminent - not trusted at Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 12:15:32 am »
Harry Kane benefits from a variety of unwritten rules in the Premier League. The first and most important is that he is an England international. This allows a player special privileges on the field including the ability to have cards downgraded from red to yellow for awful tackles and simply get away with other incidents completely. There is also the fact that his challenge was early in the match during the first game of the season. As seen in previous seasons a foul early in a match won't be punished with a card because it may ruin the balance of the game. The 'official' rules don't kick in until after around the 20 minute mark in a game.

I also have a problem with media personalities selectively highlighting incidents. This is not the first time that this has happened to one of our players. Yohan Cabaye was targeted after consecutive incidents in a Premier League and a FA Cup match. The media were out to get him for not being English and he was banned despite the fact the challenge he was banned for being disregarded by his opponent as not a red card. If we are going to have pundits on TV being able to decide who does and doesn't see retrospective action taken against them then perhaps we should be able to call in and do the same?