Author Topic: Sat 11th Aug 2017 - Newcastle 1 Tottenham 2  (Read 226 times)

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sat 11th Aug 2017 - Newcastle 1 Tottenham 2
« on: August 11, 2018, 12:13:21 pm »
Welcome to a new season at St James Park , soon to be named House of Fraser Mall.

As Mike Ashley continues to defy the laws of the Premier League and make record savings whilst targeting the optimum 10th place in the league and ensuring no players get injured in a cup competition that might put those ambitions at risk.

To be honest we have a great manager and a lot of new players. Much will depend on how good they are.

Tottenham have just bought a new stadium so you can understand why they may not have bought any players.

So the game of the none spenders begins. To be honest, after watching Manchester United stuttering against Leicester last night, it's clear to see spending money brings no guarantees on entertainment.

Lets hope today is an exciting match, I'm excited and I'm sure it will be.   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:28:43 pm by trophy4toon »

Offline trophy4toon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sat 11th Aug 2017 - Newcastle v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 01:22:07 pm »
Half time 1-2
Entertaining first half from the teams who've spent nothing.
Tottenham look a great team to me, very sharp going forward. Much better than Man United last night.
I'm not a big fan of Deli Ali's attitude but have to say he's a great offensive midfield player.
Harry Kane though looks a bit sluggish to me.
Tottenham might tire second half given most of them have only trained since last Monday.
The second half is time for our new boys to come on and prove their worth !!